What We Believe
The local Church represents the body of Christ; this is the vessel through which God’s work is done.
Compass Church is about seeing people changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ:
Saved – Healed – Discipled – Equipped – Empowered – Serving
Matthew 28:19 – Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- The gospel of Jesus Christ is good news, to be celebrated without compromise.
- There is power in the name of Jesus, through which miracles can and do happen today.
- Jesus walked this earth fully man, and is fully God.
- Jesus paid the price for all our wrongdoing, taking on himself what we deserve.
- Those who put their faith in Jesus Christ are made new and transformed by the renewing of their mind.
- Jesus Christ is the only name through which salvation is found.
- Community and family are at the centre of God’s heart.
- The world is not here by accident, God created the heavens and the earth and every good thing.
- We are created in His image.
- He is a loving God who has saved us from a very real Hell.
- Irrelevant of upbringing, instilled values or beliefs, previous actions, current situations or problems, God loves every one of us.
The Holy Spirit
- The gifts of the Spirit are available for us today, to deepen our walk with Him, and to bear witness to the greatness of God.
- A relationship with the Holy Spirit is paramount to an effective Christian walk.
- The Holy Spirit wishes to be involved in every area of our lives, not just on a Sunday.
- Honesty and integrity are paramount to living a God-centred life.
- Full immersion baptism is a biblical command and a natural progression following a salvation experience.
- The rewards for obedience in our relationships, our work life and our finances far outweigh the sacrifices.
- Our actions do not earn us a place in Heaven, it’s only through the grace of Jesus Christ.
- Our responsibilities are to make disciples, through worship, word and prayer.
- We aim to have God centred relationships.
- The Bible, in its entirety is God’s word to man; it is relevant, accurate and that on which we build all our beliefs and values.
- The Bible is clear that all have sinned and are in need of God’s forgiveness.